May 6, 2011 6:37pm
A Spanish official has given what is being heralded as the country’s first formal apology for the Inquisition’s killing of Jews.
May 6, 2011 5:30pm
The Los Angeles-based Kabbalah Centre is under investigation by the Internal Revenue Service’s criminal division.
May 6, 2011 4:45pm
Israel’s Ben Gurion International Airport resumed flights after jet fuel contamination had halted all outgoing flights.
May 5, 2011 8:30pm
A new documentary about the 1974 Ma’alot school massacre, made by a 24-year-old Los Angeles filmmaker, will have its world premiere on 250 screens nationwide on the evening of May 9 to mark Israel’s Independence Day.
May 5, 2011 7:37pm
The University of Colorado at Boulder said it will establish a $2 million endowed chair in Jewish history.
May 5, 2011 3:57pm
Thousands of passengers have been stranded at Israel’s Ben Gurion International Airport because of a jet fuel contamination problem.
May 5, 2011 3:33pm
Prominent rabbis share their thoughts with JTA on the proper Jewish response to the killing of Osama bin Laden.
May 5, 2011 12:38pm
Tel Aviv is one of the world’s top 10 summer party destinations, according to a popular travel website.
May 3, 2011 12:47pm
The role of women in Judaism and Jewish life this past century has shifted and grown as Jewish communal norms reflected and reacted to those of the outside world. The JTA chronicled those changes, sometimes consciously — as with the ongoing coverage of Jewish women’s organizations such as Hadassah and WIZO, or important women’s issues…
May 2, 2011 9:30pm
An attack within the Reform movement on the president-designate’s Israel-related affiliations is prompting a wave of support for the Reform leader, Rabbi Richard Jacobs.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Bulgarian Foreign Ministry condemns vandalism in Sofia Jewish cemetery