July 29, 2015 1:00pm
While some Jews seek out Jewish eggs to ensure that their babies are “kosher” with rabbinic authorities, most just want their offspring to be like them, officials at egg banks agreed.
July 24, 2015 4:29pm
Jamison Eberstein was born with a rare disorder called Cockayne syndrome, which explains her small size and short life expectancy — but not her enthusiasm for life.
July 6, 2015 2:59pm
Mayors from New York, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta and Boston have signed on to the American Jewish Committee initiative.
June 29, 2015 11:15am
The letter specifically asked that the administration oppose Palestinian efforts for membership in the United Nations and other international bodies.
June 17, 2015 6:33am
The $25 million in grants to help protect synagogues, day schools and other Jewish institutions — up from the current $13 million — advances to the full Senate Appropriations Committee.
June 9, 2015 10:33am
The resolution calls on the secretary of state and attorney general to work with the European Union and other European governments to address the rise in anti-Semitism.
June 3, 2015 4:14pm
Discrimination had prevented Sgt. William Shemin, who fought in France nearly a century ago, from receiving the nation’s highest military honor.
May 18, 2015 11:26am
More than 250 rabbis called for the expanded use of wind energy, providing grants to Jewish organizations to power their buildings with solar power and the end of subsidies to energy companies.
May 18, 2015 10:34am
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation awarded $400,000 in emergency grants to 10 Baltimore area nonprofit organizations.
May 3, 2015 6:42am
The Rohingya, a minority in the southeast Asian nation, are being segregated in ghettos or internment camps after being violently displaced, the report said.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair