is JTA's editorial assistant. She was a Fulbright scholar in Ukraine. Her poetry and nonfiction writing have been published in Tuesday Magazine, the Gamut, The Birch, Tablet, The Starry Night Review and elsewhere. Follow her on Twitter at @chick_in_kiev.
January 6, 2014 3:50pm
Jonathan Sarna, a professor of American Jewish history at Brandeis University, was elected president of the Association for Jewish Studies at its annual meeting.
January 2, 2014 5:02pm
Shia LaBoeuf has a strange way of expressing his feelings.
January 2, 2014 11:29am
Our favorite celebrities share New Year’s greetings and resolutions.
December 31, 2013 11:08am
Leonardo DiCaprio responds to critics of his Jordan Belfort biopic.
December 30, 2013 4:11pm
Brooklyn Torah Animal World, a museum of Biblical animals, is set to relocate its collection to the Catskills.
December 30, 2013 10:38am
Supermodel Gal Gadot responds to critics who say she’s insufficiently endowed to play the iconic superhero.
December 26, 2013 4:26pm
The nasally voiced TV star is joining the cast of “Rogers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella.”
December 26, 2013 11:17am
Mel Brooks gets real about Jewish humor.
December 24, 2013 11:53am
The playwright has signed a contract to develop a seven-hour series based on the Christian concept of the seven deadly sins.
December 23, 2013 3:11pm
The comic actor reminisces about a teen trip.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer