is JTA's editorial assistant. She was a Fulbright scholar in Ukraine. Her poetry and nonfiction writing have been published in Tuesday Magazine, the Gamut, The Birch, Tablet, The Starry Night Review and elsewhere. Follow her on Twitter at @chick_in_kiev.
October 2, 2013 3:08pm
For the growing population of older retirees, Jewish spiritual practices can help foster a sense of meaning and purpose after their working years are done.
October 1, 2013 10:37am
New York City’s Commission on Human Rights is suing seven hasidic businesses in Brooklyn over their modesty signs.
October 1, 2013 7:04am
Germany’s largest Jewish communal organization, beset by crippling financial problems and internal struggles, is “at the edge of chaos,” a Jewish official said.
September 30, 2013 3:38pm
Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras told a Jewish audience that the extremist Golden Dawn party would be eliminated.
September 30, 2013 3:07pm
The CEO of the Chevra Hatzalah ambulance service resigned amid allegations that he conspired with William Rapfogel, the ex-CEO of the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, in an insurance scam on the Met Council.
September 23, 2013 4:24pm
Roy Naim, a leading Jewish activist for immigration reform, was arrested on child pornography charges.
September 23, 2013 2:31pm
Maria Patricia de Sousa was once a Baptist Sunday school teacher in Brazil. Now she’s Esther Goldberger, living in Montreal and running a fashion label for Orthodox women.
September 13, 2013 2:14pm
Kvetching Fire: The Jewish Hunger Games, a parody video, offers an entertaining take on the upcoming fast.
September 13, 2013 1:52pm
A Jerusalem resident running a religious cult was convicted of rape, sodomy and physical abuse of his six wives.
September 12, 2013 3:30pm
This Jewish mother of two helps clients communicate with lost loved ones for $1,000 an hour. And, she says, there’s an eight-year waitlist for her services.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Israeli army goes to war against smoking
- Trump says US cannot ‘abide’ Iran nuclear deal, ignores Israeli-Palestinian peace in UN speech
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes