is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
April 22, 2015 7:45am
The Conference of Palestinians in Europe is alleged to have ties to Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran.
April 21, 2015 8:47am
Oskar Groening, on trial for his role in the murder of 300,000 people, told the court that he learned about the gas chambers as soon as he reported for duty at Auschwitz in 1942.
April 20, 2015 3:18pm
Oskar Groening, 93, unlike most others brought to trial in recent years, has publicly expressed shame for having been “a cog in the killing machine that eliminated millions of innocent people.”
February 24, 2015 12:53pm
Helen Mirren stars in “Woman in Gold,” the story of the restitution of Gustav Kilmt’s “Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I,” which premiered last week at the Berlinale International Film Festival.
February 24, 2015 5:45am
The heirs of four Jewish art collectors filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Washington seeking the return of a gold treasure estimated to be worth $227 million.
February 22, 2015 9:46am
The envoy made the call for aliyah in a German newspaper days after the head of German Jewry rejected the approach.
February 17, 2015 7:48am
The former SS member reportedly has admitted being stationed at the camp from early 1942, but he denies having any involvement in murder.
February 16, 2015 1:55pm
Over the past few years, the cemetery in Oldenburg has been targeted by right-wing extremists.
February 10, 2015 4:30pm
Several groups said they would establish their own expert commission on anti-Semitism in response to what they described as a scandal.
February 2, 2015 10:26am
Hilde Michnia, a former guard at the Bergen-Belsen and Gross-Rosen concentration camps, is accused of guarding a death march during which 1,400 of the 2,000 women died.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- South African mohel banned for life for botching bris
- Ex-Maryland woman at center of Jewish divorce controversy remarries without ‘get’
- Israelis were brutalized, castrated at Munich Olympics, widows reveal
- Why Shelly Silver won’t be sharing a prison cell with Willie Rapfogel
- Report: Paris attacks mastermind planned attack on Jews as well
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament
- King of Spain honors Sephardic Jews in ceremony recognizing citizenship law
- Rio Jews, evangelicals rally for peace in Israel
- Woman at center of Jewish divorce controversy remarries without ‘get’
- Mark Zuckerberg pledges to donate $45B in Facebook shares over lifetime
- Sean Penn, in Tel Aviv, praises Israeli aid group working in Haiti