is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
September 1, 2015 12:12pm
The Jewish team said it was anti-Semitic slurs, but the police reported there were also anti-Muslim insults.
August 3, 2015 6:56am
The attack comes when several thousand Jews are in Berlin for the first European Maccabi Games to be held in Germany.
July 28, 2015 12:53pm
A 14-year-old who came from a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon drew national attention when she cried during a discussion with Chancellor Angela Merkel.
July 21, 2015 1:33pm
Germany is to host the Jewish sports competition for the first time, 80 years after Hitler’s Olympics.
July 16, 2015 7:06am
The unnamed man, who was 19 or 20 at the time of his alleged crimes, was charged in juvenile court for his role as an SS guard.
July 15, 2015 6:18am
Oskar Groening has expressed remorse and accepted responsibility for his role in the murder of 300,000 Hungarian Jews, but did not ask for leniency.
July 12, 2015 1:54pm
The program for ninth-graders will be starting in five schools.
July 12, 2015 10:29am
Spread over nine years, the investment will help save buildings in a district created by Jewish design pioneers who fled the Nazis.
June 30, 2015 8:01am
The graffiti on the week-old exhibit includes Hitler mustaches burned on photographs of rabbis and politicians.
June 30, 2015 6:39am
Representatives of the Berlin State Senate, which funds the festival and promoted it, said they were surprised and sorry to hear the news.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair