is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
July 12, 2015 10:29am
Spread over nine years, the investment will help save buildings in a district created by Jewish design pioneers who fled the Nazis.
June 30, 2015 8:01am
The graffiti on the week-old exhibit includes Hitler mustaches burned on photographs of rabbis and politicians.
June 30, 2015 6:39am
Representatives of the Berlin State Senate, which funds the festival and promoted it, said they were surprised and sorry to hear the news.
June 28, 2015 7:11am
Two major German media outlets have removed the stereotyped comments about Kirill Petrenko, a Russian-born Jew.
June 23, 2015 7:21am
The court ruled that the defendant, who was charged as an accomplice in thousands of murders, is mentally unfit to stand trial because of his dementia.
June 18, 2015 6:11am
The former president of Germany’s Protestant Church said it may issue a statement on anti-Jewish teachings of Martin Luther ahead of the Reformation’s 500 anniversary.
June 11, 2015 4:36pm
The decision on the exhibit, which was sponsored by an Israeli group of soldiers that alleges the Israeli army mistreats Palestinians, followed talks featuring the Jewish community, Israeli Embassy and the office of Cologne’s mayor.
June 8, 2015 6:19am
Crimes under the category of “Israel-Palestinian Conflict” increased from a total to 575 in 2014 from 41 the previous year, the German government reported.
May 27, 2015 11:00am
Taylan Can unsuccessfully argued that his chants at an anti-Israel demonstration last summer were purely political.
May 21, 2015 8:57am
Jewish groups had protested the failure to include Jewish experts on the commission and threatened to established their own panel.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer