is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
June 28, 2015 7:11am
Two major German media outlets have removed the stereotyped comments about Kirill Petrenko, a Russian-born Jew.
June 23, 2015 7:21am
The court ruled that the defendant, who was charged as an accomplice in thousands of murders, is mentally unfit to stand trial because of his dementia.
June 18, 2015 6:11am
The former president of Germany’s Protestant Church said it may issue a statement on anti-Jewish teachings of Martin Luther ahead of the Reformation’s 500 anniversary.
June 11, 2015 4:36pm
The decision on the exhibit, which was sponsored by an Israeli group of soldiers that alleges the Israeli army mistreats Palestinians, followed talks featuring the Jewish community, Israeli Embassy and the office of Cologne’s mayor.
June 8, 2015 6:19am
Crimes under the category of “Israel-Palestinian Conflict” increased from a total to 575 in 2014 from 41 the previous year, the German government reported.
May 27, 2015 11:00am
Taylan Can unsuccessfully argued that his chants at an anti-Israel demonstration last summer were purely political.
May 21, 2015 8:57am
Jewish groups had protested the failure to include Jewish experts on the commission and threatened to established their own panel.
May 14, 2015 12:23pm
A cuddly photo of Israeli President Reuven Rivlin and his German counterpart, Joachim Gauck, appeared below the fold. Above the fold was the paper’s usual sexy lady.
May 12, 2015 6:22am
After discussing with German President Joachim Gauck issues such as the threat of a nuclear Iran and the current state of peace talks, President Reuven Rivlin said that “friends can sometimes agree to disagree.”
May 10, 2015 10:06am
The number of anti-Semitic crimes rose 25.2 percent to 1,596 in 2014 after declining in 2013, according to the annual report of the Ministry of the Interior.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair