is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
March 5, 2014 12:44pm
Meet Benjamin Netanyahu: dune-buggy driver, TV star and, oh yes, prime minister of Israel.
March 3, 2014 5:53am
Jews brought home several statuettes from the 86th Academy Awards, mainly in the less glamorous, behind-the-scenes categories.
February 25, 2014 12:51pm
Samantha Power, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, posted a correction to a tweet about Daniel Pearl that appeared to indicate the slain journalist was responsible for his own death.
February 24, 2014 2:33pm
Hany Abu-Assad’s film focuses on a Palestinian whose life is thrown into turmoil after a friend murders an Israeli soldier.
February 14, 2014 2:37pm
“The Last of the Unjust” looks at Benjamin Murmelstein, the last president of the Judenrat in the Theresienstadt ghetto.
February 13, 2014 4:22pm
“The Lady in Number 6″ tells the story of a 110-year-old pianist whose musical gifts proved to be her salvation.
January 26, 2014 12:01pm
Rabbi Harvey Fields, senior rabbi at the historic Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Los Angeles for 23 years, has died.
January 16, 2014 2:24pm
Thursday’s Oscar nominations proved to be a bonanza for Jewish con men.
December 22, 2013 6:36am
Israel is out and Palestine is still in the Oscar race, following the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announcement of nine semi-finalists in the best foreign-language film category.
December 5, 2013 6:36am
The Los Angeles-based Kabbalah Centre is being sued for over $1 million by former followers.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- How Israel is courting tourists from India and China
OpinionWhile Israel tarries on pluralism, the Diaspora may be running out of patience
- This former nebbish can help you become super popular — like him
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- Mexican billionaire: Israel challenges US leadership in high tech
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son barred from Israeli youth basketball league
- Torah scroll stolen from republic of Georgia synagogue found destroyed