September 7, 2005 9:00am
Events marking the soon-to-be-completed commemoration of 350 years of American Jewish life have been designed to celebrate America itself as much as the Jewish contributions to it.
July 26, 2005 9:00am
A growing number of grass-roots initiatives by Jews around the United States aim to raise awareness about the genocide occurring in the Darfur region of Sudan.
July 19, 2005 9:00am
Opponents of Israel’s upcoming Gaza withdrawal held rallies around the world, calling on the Israeli government to change its plans.
June 22, 2005 9:00am
A school for autustic Jewish children, now celebrating its first graduating class, is using an unusual location to help the students and their families feel part of the larger Jewish community.
June 7, 2005 9:00am
The growing relationship between the Bush administration and the Orthodox Jewish community was underlined when Attorney General Alberto Gonzales spoke at the Orthodox Union’s annual dinner.
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Bomb threats hit at least 8 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Natalie Portman will not attend Academy Awards due to pregnancy
- Dozens of headstones overturned at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
- Jewish prankster fools ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ judges with ‘crappy’ rapping rabbi act
- Physicist Mildred Dresselhaus, ‘Queen of Carbon,’ dies at 86
- US authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- ADL offers reward for information about Philadelphia Jewish cemetery vandals
- Did Donald Trump and the Jews have a good week?
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island school
- Jewish women’s organization cancels Brazil exhibit after Israeli paintings stolen