May 15, 2011 1:02pm
In the wake of disturbances on Israel’s borders that have resulted in as many as 14 deaths, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a national address that he has ordered his military to stop the infiltration and defend the country’s sovereignty.
March 23, 2011 7:30pm
The sudden escalation in attacks raises fresh questions about the sustainability of the calm that has prevailed between Israel and militant Palestinians since the end of the Gaza war in January 2009.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- Auschwitz ‘showers’ for tourists cool off some, offend others
- The top 13 Jewish newsmakers of 5775
- Why some public school parents are switching to Jewish day schools
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew