May 15, 2011 1:02pm
In the wake of disturbances on Israel’s borders that have resulted in as many as 14 deaths, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a national address that he has ordered his military to stop the infiltration and defend the country’s sovereignty.
March 23, 2011 7:30pm
The sudden escalation in attacks raises fresh questions about the sustainability of the calm that has prevailed between Israel and militant Palestinians since the end of the Gaza war in January 2009.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchOlympic figure skater Sasha Cohen dances hora at wedding — to Bruno Mars
- How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jews
- Steven Hill, Orthodox Jewish actor who played ‘Law & Order’ DA, dies at 94
- In Israeli first, Orthodox Jerusalem synagogue hires female spiritual leader
- NFL player Terrell Suggs lost weight — by cutting down on gefilte fish
- The 9 best Jews to play Trump in Clinton’s debate prep
- Trump campaign opens 3rd Israeli office, near Tel Aviv
- Outside Haim Saban fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, Black Lives Matter protests for Palestinians
- Is Donald Trump’s proposal to keep out anti-Semites practical — or ethical?
- Citing their ‘core beliefs,’ 40 Orthodox clergy condemn Trump’s ‘hateful rhetoric’
- Obama administration acknowledges link between $400 million and prisoner release
- Trump adviser alleged to have boasted of removing Jews from government jobs