July 12, 2010 10:31pm
The people and leaders of Weimar, Germany, are to be commended for not looking the other way when an Iranian delegation refused to visit the Buchenwald concentration camp, writes the chairman of the U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad.
May 18, 2009 10:18pm
WASHINGTON (JTA) — A man convicted of Holocaust denial in Germany and France was scheduled to become president of the European Parliament this summer. It is only a ceremonial post, one awarded to the oldest European parliamentarian, but it is an honor nonetheless — and the honor was to go to French racist Jean-Marie Le Pen. His…
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament