September 15, 2005 9:00am
American-born Janet Rosenberg Jagan, who served as Guyana’s president for two years following her husband’s death, has been active in Guyanese politics for more than 60 years.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- The top 13 Jewish newsmakers of 5775
- Auschwitz ‘showers’ for tourists cool off some, offend others
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew
- Where does Bernie Sanders, the Jewish candidate for president, stand on Israel?