June 11, 2012 4:48pm
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano met with leaders of the Jewish Federations of North America to discuss partnering with faith-based communities during security threats.
June 11, 2012 4:45pm
President Obama signed legislation that adds Israel to the list of countries eligible for non-immigrant investor visas in the United States.
June 8, 2012 4:29pm
Close to 9,000 American Jews have so far signed a petition calling on the Presbyterian Church to reject proposals that would divest from three companies doing business with Israel.
June 8, 2012 3:45pm
The U.S. House of Representatives voted down a Democratic procedural motion to the energy appropriations bill that would have provided additional funds for U.S.-Israel energy cooperation programs.
June 8, 2012 11:40am
A bipartisan duo from Florida urged Congress to act on legislation that would allow Holocaust survivors to pursue civil action against insurance companies.
June 7, 2012 6:40pm
A retired FBI official told a House subcommittee that the imprisonment of a New York Chasidic Jew in Bolivia is “state-sponsored kidnapping.”
June 7, 2012 6:34pm
The House Foreign Affairs Committee unanimously passed a resolution urging the International Olympic Committee to honor the Munich 11 with a moment of silence at the 2012 London Olympics.
June 7, 2012 5:49pm
Three Jewish Congress members introduced legislation that seeks to curb international violence against women.
June 7, 2012 1:26pm
A Jewish British couple was asked to consider dressing up as Holocaust victims to commemorate World War II during the annual Wartime Weekend event.
June 7, 2012 12:21pm
The Washington Nationals chose Max Ungar of the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Maryland in the 36th round of the Major League Baseball draft.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer