Archive

Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

Dedication of First Group of Buildings of Yeshiva College Today

December 9, 1928
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date
Advertisement

Mayor Walker Among Speakers at ## Exercises

The dedication of the first group of buildings of the Yeshiva College will take place at 1:30 this afternoon, Sunday, December 9, at 186th Street and Amsterdam Avenue, where the College is located in a group of buildings erected at a cost of $2,500,000.

An elaborate program for the exercises has been prepared, Harris L. Selig, Executive Director of the Yeshiva College Building Fund announced. Mayor James Walker will be one of the speakers at the exercises, part of which will take place on the campus, weather permitting.

The buildings now being dedicated contain the high school which will temporarily house the College until the additional units are erected, an auditorium with a seating capacity of 2,000 and a dormitory for 200 students. Among those scheduled to speak are Dr. Bernard Revel, President of the Faculty of the College; Rabbi Simon Shkop, Dean of the Talmudic Academy of Grodno, Poland; Samuel Levy, Chairman of the Campaign Committee; Harry Fischel, Chairman of the Building Committee; Judge A. Rosalsky, Professor H. McCracken, President of Vassar College, Dr. Frederick Robinson, President of New York City College, and others.

Construction on the buildings was begun three years ago.

Recommended from JTA

Advertisement