At a mass meeting called by Samuel Appel, president, the B’nai Jacob Congregation decided upon the erection of a new synagogue at the cost of $75,000. The present edifice is inadequate and the new structure, the site of which will be decided by a committee of nine headed by Mr. Appel, will contain a Hebrew school, gymnasium, and quarters for the Young Men’s Hebrew Association. The plans are in the hands of architect A. M. Strauss.
The B’nai Jacob congregation was founded in the early ’60’s. Rabbi Herman Price will be rabbi of the new synagogue.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.