schild-Hadassah-University Hospital in Jerusalem.
The board of governors voted to establish professorships in modern history, chemistry, physics, pathological physiology and Jewish religious philosophy.
A cancer research institute will be established with the Â£40,000 given the Hebrew University by an anonymous donor, the board decided.
The board of governors closed its meeting by extending a vote of thanks to members of the commission headed by Sir Philip Hartog, who surveyed the university and worked out plans for the future. The board also extended thanks to Chancellor Judah Magnes and Dr. Ratnoff.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.