Twelve young Germans, half of them from West Berlin, left Frankfurt today for Villeurbanne in southeast France to assist in the building of a Jewish Community Center there. The project is being carried out under sponsorship of the movement founded in 1959 by the Evangelical Church of Germany to make amends for the Nazi persecution and destruction. Similar German youth groups have already undertaken such projects in England, Israel, Greece and other countries.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.