SYDNEY, Australia (JTA) – Six more people are alleging that they were sexually molested by a security guard at an Orthodox Jewish school in Melbourne, according to police.
Officers told the Melbourne Magistrates Court Wednesday that two complainants from Victoria, one from Brisbane and three who now live in the United States have come forward alleging that they were molested by David Cyprys, the Australian Associated Press reported.
Cyprys, 43, a locksmith who runs a company called Shomer Security, was charged last month with multiple counts of indecent assault and gross indecency for the alleged sexual assault of students at Yeshivah College between 1984 and 1991.
Prosecutors also tried to have his bail revoked, with a witness claiming that Cyprys was seen with minors over Sukkot. Under his bail conditions, Cyprys is forbidden from any contact with children under 16 — including his own.
Magistrate Luisa Bazzani refused the application after Cyprys’ brother and sister-in-law told the court that he was at their home on Oct. 13. Cyprys is expected to appear again in court in January.
A gag order was later imposed on the case, preventing any further details from being published.