Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning


(JTA) — Grammy Award-winning singer Amy Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning, according to the results of her autopsy.

The coroner’s report said that Winehouse, 27, died with five times the legal British drunk driving limit in her bloodstream.

The court hearing Wednesday in London described her final days and struggles with alcohol addiction, which had persisted even after she stopped using illicit drugs in 2008.

Winehouse’s parents were present at the hearing but did not speak directly to the media. Through their spokesperson they said it was a relief "to finally find out what happened to Amy."

Winehouse, who was Jewish, died July 23 in her London home.

Recommended from JTA