Max J. Schneider, former vice-president of Chemical Bank, a former director of Tishman Realty and Construction Co., a founder of the Anti-Defamation League of B’nai B’rith in New York, and a director of the Giants baseball team until he retired this year, died at his home in Manhattan. He was 90 years old. Funeral services will be tomorrow. Schneider, who was brought to the United States from Vienna when he was two years old, was a vice-president of the Chemical Bank from 1951 until his retirement in 1961.
He was a founder and first chairman of the Hebrew Hospital for the Chronic Sick in The Bronx, and a former member of the board of directors of St. Vincent’s Hospital in Manhattan. Schneider was a life member of the national commission of the Anti-Defamation League and a member of its national Civil Rights and Middle Eastern Affairs Committees.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.