The famous Mikveh Israel Agricultural School, founded in 1870 by Charles Netter, French philanthropist who also aided in the establishment of the Alliance Israelite Universelle, today celebrated its sixtieth anniversary. Dr. A. Krause, director of the School, reviewed the history of the institution which in its six decades has trained some of the best known Jewish colonists in the country.
Dr. Krause pointed out that the School now has 200 students. Almost all of its graduates remain in Palestine where they take up agriculture. Greetings were received from the government department of agriculture, the Tel Aviv municipality, the chief rabbinate, the Jewish Agency, the Keren Hayesod and various colonists.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.