What is probably the oldest Jewish museum in the world is to be restored in Brunswick. It dates back to 1766, and up to 1923 was located in Hornburg, near Wolfenbuettel. The most valuable part of the museum will be the complete interior of the only wooden synagogue remaining in Germany. In 1933, the synagogue was incorporated into the Brunswick Museum, where it remained undamaged. Restoration work is being carried out under the direction of Dr. Swi Asaria, who was formerly the rabbi for the post-war British occupation some in Germany He now lives in Israel, Dr. Asaria is also working on a history of the Jews in Lower Saxony.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.