is the CEO & Executive Editor of JTA and its parent company, 70 Faces Media.
July 3, 2013 9:51pm
Ken Kramarz, executive director of Camp Tawonga, has issued a statement about the falling tree that killed one staffer and injured four others.
July 3, 2013 10:02am
In mourning Bill Gray, the highest-ranking African American to serve in Congress, it should be remembered that during a racially polarized era he talked the talk and walked the walked on black-Jewish relations.
June 29, 2013 11:18pm
The following message was sent out today by Rabbi Mark Covitz, director of the URJ Goldman Union Camp (Camp GUCI) in Zionsville, Indiana.
June 26, 2013 1:55pm
If you want to know if Congress will pass new legislation to put teeth back into the Voting Rights Act, keep your eye on Eric Cantor.
June 19, 2013 10:11pm
Just heard the news about James Gandolfini. From my Forward days: a Jewish take on Tony Soprano and psychoanalysis.
June 13, 2013 12:50pm
Season three of Games of Thrones has come to an end, but the Orthodox version is heating up in Manhattan, with a Litvak scion becoming the rabbi at the country’s oldest synagogue and its most prominent Sephardic congregation.
June 11, 2013 11:49am
A few months back, JTA board macher and fellow “Mad Men” fan Danny Krifcher suggested that I write up a column predicting how each of the characters would respond to the Six Day War. It was a fun idea. I gave it some thought, but couldn’t come up with any good ones. So I let…
June 11, 2013 11:08am
Michael Chabon was the main draw at the Foundation for Jewish Culture’s awards gala. But it was another presentation that suggested the real story of the night was whether a sustainable model exists for identifying and nurturing a new generation of Jewish artists.
June 10, 2013 1:51pm
It was just about a year ago when Chicago sports fans could kvell about having a Jewish third baseman (Kevin Youkilis) and a Jewish offensive lineman (Gabe Carimi). But in the end Youkilis spent less than a season with the White Sox before heading this past winter to the Yankees. And now… the Chicago Bears…
June 5, 2013 4:37pm
Have I just been at this job too long, or is this an unfortunate juxtaposition of billboards on the elevator at Fairway?
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair