March 6, 2013 9:17pm
An American Jewish organizational leader met with Hungarian political leaders to express concern about growing anti-Semitism in the country.
December 3, 2012 9:47pm
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban condemned a Jobbik lawmaker’s call to create a list of Jewish politicians a day after thousands demonstrated in Budapest to protest the anti-Semitism of the far-right party.
November 27, 2012 12:04pm
A far-right Hungarian lawmaker suggested that members of the Hungarian Parliament who are Jewish or of Jewish origin be counted and registered.
October 24, 2012 10:54am
An Israeli flag was burned in front of a Budapest synagogue reportedly by members of Jobbik, an ultrarightist Hungarian political party.
April 24, 2012 3:44pm
Citing “unique” circumstances, the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office will not release the names of 85 Chasidic men charged with committing child sex abuse, the Jewish Daily Forward reported.
April 24, 2012 3:32pm
A group of Israeli lawmakers inaugurated the Herzl Center at Budapest’s Israeli Cultural Center.
July 19, 2011 2:50pm
Jewish officials are viewing the acquittal of accused war criminal Sandor Kepiro in Hungary as an outrage and a betrayal.
May 19, 2011 4:07pm
The war crimes trial of a former World War II gendarmerie officer continued in Hungary, after the accused was declared medically fit to stand trial.
January 14, 2009 6:12pm
Hundreds of pro-Israel demonstrators rallied in front of the Israeli Embassy in Budapest.
November 6, 2008 6:46pm
Mahmoud Abbas said he hopes to meet Barack Obama soon.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Borough Park man indicted in prostitute scheme to intimidate abuse victim
- This US preschool is so Israeli it may as well be Tel Aviv
- DC ‘power synagogue’ hires co-senior rabbis
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian immigrant who lied about her terror conviction in Israel, deported to Jordan
- Germany adopts international definition of anti-Semitism
- In unusual move, 7 Jewish senators urge Netanyahu to protect pluralism in Israel