August 18, 2016 2:47pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Earlier this week, a tiny but thriving Jewish community in the Balkans – the 250-person remnant of a majority Sephardic community nearly decimated by the Holocaust – reached out to its neighbors to provide relief to thousands in the wake of devastating floods. Operating without concern for faith or background, Macedonia’s…
March 5, 2015 1:16pm
Millions of dollars in aid will be needed in the next six months to provide relief to Jews in Ukraine, the head of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee writes.
October 7, 2014 4:52pm
The JDC’s Alan H. Gill recalls a man who, in his 100 years, provided shelter, joy and encouragement to so many.
November 12, 2013 10:57am
As the extent of the catastrophe in the island nation grows, a heroic piece of history should be recalled by the Jewish community, writes the CEO of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Report: Attackers saw off Jewish man’s finger, beat his brother near Paris
- Oscars 2017: 7 unexpected Jewish facts
- Near San Francisco, Karaite Jews keep an ancient movement alive