May 10, 2015 2:36pm
Alden Solovy, a Jewish liturgist and poet, was one of several men attacked last month for helping women read Torah at the Western Wall.
October 30, 2013 3:55pm
Beset by tragedy, including the loss of his wife, a Jewish poet and liturgist rejects a rabbi’s reference to Job — but now he understands.
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen ahead in presidential poll
- All the Jewish stuff happening around the Women’s March
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- Jewish groups plan pro-, anti-Trump Shabbat activities in Washington
- Trump: If Jared Kushner can’t broker Middle East peace, nobody can
- Male circumcision helps prevent all HIV variants, researchers find
- Swedish Jews boycott Holocaust memorial co-organized by nationalist party