October 25, 2009 10:11pm
The Jewish Social Justice Roundtable, a coalition of 18 Jewish social justice organizations, is banding together to create a unified movement and make their cause part of the national Jewish agenda.
August 24, 2009 9:40pm
The president of the American Jewish World Service discusses the challenges of globalization, why young people go on AJWS trips and why she thinks Jews should be involved in repairing the world.
August 21, 2009 8:54pm
Writer Amy Klein visits with U.S. college students volunteering in a rural Ugandan village, as they seek to imbue their service with a sense of Jewish purpose.
August 3, 2009 9:46pm
A recent string of books takes a look at the problems facing teenage boys.
July 12, 2009 11:54pm
More than five centuries after the Jews were expelled from Spain, dozens of musicians, writers, poets, playwrights, filmmakers, historians, educators and chefs are reclaiming their cultural roots to create a veritable Sephardic renaissance.
July 12, 2009 5:31pm
A guide to some of the dozens of ways to enjoy modern Sephardic culture, art that draws upon traditions from regions such as Spain, Portugal, the Middle East, North Africa, the Far East, Italy, Rome and Greece.
June 4, 2009 7:39pm
Despite a bleak economy, American Jewish theater companies attempt to tackle issues of identity.
May 18, 2009 6:19pm
A steady trickle of Hispanics in Mexico and the southwest United States are discovering and exploring their Jewish roots. Some have joined the Conservative synagogue in El Paso, Texas, and are set to take part in a b’nai mitzvah ceremony during Shavuot.
May 18, 2009 6:19pm
One of the foremost experts discusses what exactly is a Crypto-Jew and how to go about finding your past.
May 8, 2009 10:02pm
As more seniors seek retirement alternatives to Florida, connecting to a Jewish community becomes more challenging.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
OpinionThe US anti-BDS bill may be bad, but not as bad as some critics say
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’