October 25, 2009 10:11pm
The Jewish Social Justice Roundtable, a coalition of 18 Jewish social justice organizations, is banding together to create a unified movement and make their cause part of the national Jewish agenda.
August 24, 2009 9:40pm
The president of the American Jewish World Service discusses the challenges of globalization, why young people go on AJWS trips and why she thinks Jews should be involved in repairing the world.
August 21, 2009 8:54pm
Writer Amy Klein visits with U.S. college students volunteering in a rural Ugandan village, as they seek to imbue their service with a sense of Jewish purpose.
August 3, 2009 9:46pm
A recent string of books takes a look at the problems facing teenage boys.
July 12, 2009 11:54pm
More than five centuries after the Jews were expelled from Spain, dozens of musicians, writers, poets, playwrights, filmmakers, historians, educators and chefs are reclaiming their cultural roots to create a veritable Sephardic renaissance.
July 12, 2009 5:31pm
A guide to some of the dozens of ways to enjoy modern Sephardic culture, art that draws upon traditions from regions such as Spain, Portugal, the Middle East, North Africa, the Far East, Italy, Rome and Greece.
June 4, 2009 7:39pm
Despite a bleak economy, American Jewish theater companies attempt to tackle issues of identity.
May 18, 2009 6:19pm
A steady trickle of Hispanics in Mexico and the southwest United States are discovering and exploring their Jewish roots. Some have joined the Conservative synagogue in El Paso, Texas, and are set to take part in a b’nai mitzvah ceremony during Shavuot.
May 18, 2009 6:19pm
One of the foremost experts discusses what exactly is a Crypto-Jew and how to go about finding your past.
May 8, 2009 10:02pm
As more seniors seek retirement alternatives to Florida, connecting to a Jewish community becomes more challenging.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary