April 23, 2013 4:32pm
If we redouble our efforts to preserve and protect the Jewish heritage of Egypt, it will be a blessing for Carmen Weinstein, the late head of the country’s Jewish community who toiled in that effort, an American Jewish Committee official writes.
March 30, 2011 10:40pm
Lithuania’s Parliament has declared 2011 a Year of Commemoration to Victims of the Holocaust. At long last, this is the year for Lithuania to join the list of nations that have come to terms with their Holocaust-era past, writes Rabbi Andrew Baker of the American Jewish Committee.
January 24, 2011 10:04pm
An American Jewish Committee official writes of an international coalition undertaking the vital task of ensuring that long-ignored mass graves of Holocaust shooting victims in the former Soviet Union are preserved and protected, and the victims are remembered.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors