April 23, 2013 4:32pm
If we redouble our efforts to preserve and protect the Jewish heritage of Egypt, it will be a blessing for Carmen Weinstein, the late head of the country’s Jewish community who toiled in that effort, an American Jewish Committee official writes.
March 30, 2011 10:40pm
Lithuania’s Parliament has declared 2011 a Year of Commemoration to Victims of the Holocaust. At long last, this is the year for Lithuania to join the list of nations that have come to terms with their Holocaust-era past, writes Rabbi Andrew Baker of the American Jewish Committee.
January 24, 2011 10:04pm
An American Jewish Committee official writes of an international coalition undertaking the vital task of ensuring that long-ignored mass graves of Holocaust shooting victims in the former Soviet Union are preserved and protected, and the victims are remembered.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jews
WatchOlympic figure skater Sasha Cohen dances hora at wedding — to Bruno Mars
- Steven Hill, Orthodox Jewish actor who played ‘Law & Order’ DA, dies at 94
- In Israeli first, Orthodox Jerusalem synagogue hires female spiritual leader
- NFL player Terrell Suggs lost weight — by cutting down on gefilte fish
- The 9 best Jews to play Trump in Clinton’s debate prep
- Trump campaign opens 3rd Israeli office, near Tel Aviv
- Outside Haim Saban fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, Black Lives Matter protests for Palestinians
- Is Donald Trump’s proposal to keep out anti-Semites practical — or ethical?
- Citing their ‘core beliefs,’ 40 Orthodox clergy condemn Trump’s ‘hateful rhetoric’
- Obama administration acknowledges link between $400 million and prisoner release
- Trump adviser alleged to have boasted of removing Jews from government jobs