April 23, 2013 4:32pm
If we redouble our efforts to preserve and protect the Jewish heritage of Egypt, it will be a blessing for Carmen Weinstein, the late head of the country’s Jewish community who toiled in that effort, an American Jewish Committee official writes.
March 30, 2011 10:40pm
Lithuania’s Parliament has declared 2011 a Year of Commemoration to Victims of the Holocaust. At long last, this is the year for Lithuania to join the list of nations that have come to terms with their Holocaust-era past, writes Rabbi Andrew Baker of the American Jewish Committee.
January 24, 2011 10:04pm
An American Jewish Committee official writes of an international coalition undertaking the vital task of ensuring that long-ignored mass graves of Holocaust shooting victims in the former Soviet Union are preserved and protected, and the victims are remembered.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- At Utah’s on-slope Shabbat service, ski boots required
- People are confused why Bernie Sanders won’t own his Jewishness
- Hummus in Hanoi: Israeli chef brings Middle Eastern cuisine to Vietnam
- Dutch store highlights Israeli settlement goods to protest separate labeling
- At kosher ski restaurant in Park City, an avalanche of challenges
- Police kill attacker at Ohio diner owned by Arab-Israeli