February 3, 2011 10:47pm
Nate Abrams, a 5-foot, 4-inch Jewish cattle dealer with good hands, a big heart and a “Yiddishe kop, may have been as instrumental in founding the Green Bay Packers as Earl “Curly” Lambeau, the team’s first coach and eventual namesake of Lambeau Field,” and keeping it afloat financially.
January 26, 2003 10:00am
The American Hebrew Academy, North America’s only coed Jewish boarding high school, opened in Greensboro, N.C. last year, and now has 70 students. The sprawling campus was designed to serve 800 students, so the school plans to intensify recruiting w
January 24, 2003 10:00am
The seeds planted 15 years ago by a Milwaukee rabbi have grown into a flourishing Orthodox community.
January 16, 2003 10:00am
If Greensboro, N.C., is known for anything within American Jewry, it’s for the year-old American Hebrew Academy, North America’s only co-ed Jewish boarding high school. But even without AHA attracting attention and adding buildings exponential
September 3, 2002 9:00am
Every July and August, the little town of Bethlehem becomes the Chasidic capital of New Hampshire, if not of all rural New England.
July 10, 2002 9:00am
In the second article in our The Promising Land series, we profile the efforts of Winnipeg’s Jewish community to shore up its dwindling population. Everything from recruiting Argentine emigres to building a lavish cultural center is being attempted.
June 4, 2002 9:00am
You can find every known sin on Las Vegas’ famous strip five miles of neon-lit casino hotels, cheesy souvenir shops and purveyors of “adult entertainment.” Add to that list kosher corned beef, thanks to The Las Vegas Kosher Deli and Internet Cafe.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros announces
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence