March 3, 2013 8:29pm
The release of the minutes of a 1983 Israeli Cabinet meeting debating a commission’s recommendation to fire Defense Minister Ariel Sharon over the Sabra and Shatila massacre shows how then-Prime Minister Menachem Begin put his faith in his country’s democracy, writes a Rutgers law professor.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Lone soldiers from North America attend Thanksgiving dinner in Tel Aviv
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter