February 3, 2009 2:22am
The foods featured at the seder typically are not locally grown and therefore catapult the “food miles” figure off the charts, increasing our carbon footprint. One way to assuage our guilt is to take energy-efficient actions, even into the four worlds of the kabbalistic seder.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Lone soldiers from North America attend Thanksgiving dinner in Tel Aviv
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter
- CNN posts Middle East map that doesn’t show Israel
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?