February 3, 2009 2:22am
The foods featured at the seder typically are not locally grown and therefore catapult the “food miles” figure off the charts, increasing our carbon footprint. One way to assuage our guilt is to take energy-efficient actions, even into the four worlds of the kabbalistic seder.
- Romania’s Parliament passes law providing more money for Holocaust survivors
- White House uses ‘Jerusalem, Israel’ in live feed of Trump visit
- Ivanka Trump’s rabbi says permission to travel on Shabbat didn’t come from him
- 10,000 Israeli police and counterterrorism officials to secure Trump visit
- Israel gave Trump the royal treatment he longs for back home