February 3, 2009 2:22am
The foods featured at the seder typically are not locally grown and therefore catapult the “food miles” figure off the charts, increasing our carbon footprint. One way to assuage our guilt is to take energy-efficient actions, even into the four worlds of the kabbalistic seder.
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- Obama told Trump that embassy move to Jerusalem could be ‘explosive’
- At the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a virtual encounter with a Syrian refugee
- This timeline shows Obama’s biggest Jewish moments
- Jewish groups plan pro-, anti-Trump Shabbat activities in Washington