February 3, 2009 2:22am
The foods featured at the seder typically are not locally grown and therefore catapult the “food miles” figure off the charts, increasing our carbon footprint. One way to assuage our guilt is to take energy-efficient actions, even into the four worlds of the kabbalistic seder.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews