is JTA's Israel correspondent.
December 24, 2015 11:08am
Moshe Odess denied his American-Israeli son is responsible for the deadly arson attack in the West Bank town of Duma and said he will call for an investigation into the alleged torture by the Shin Bet.
December 22, 2015 1:59pm
Left-wing organizations have come to the defense of the right-wing-backed detainees.
December 21, 2015 1:23pm
Last year, Reform leaders were criticizing Reuven Rivlin’s approach to non-Orthodox Judaism. Now, they’re praising him.
December 21, 2015 11:13am
As the secular holiday Novy God approaches, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the Jewish state.
December 17, 2015 5:07pm
Government officials say Breaking the Silence is slandering Israel. The group says it’s raising awareness of Israel’s West Bank occupation.
December 15, 2015 11:34am
Kerry doesn’t blame Israel outright for the negotiations’ failure, but conveys a two-state solution could happen if only Israel willed it.
December 14, 2015 5:52pm
Israel’s initiative involves an eightfold increase in renewable energy sources, like solar and wind power. But critics say it doesn’t go nearly far enough.
December 13, 2015 9:28am
The Rabbinate has declined to publicize a list of rabbis it trusts to determine whether immigrants are Jewish enough to marry.
December 10, 2015 9:31am
David Lau had criticized Israel’s modern Orthodox education minister for visiting a Conservative Jewish school in New York.
December 9, 2015 12:04pm
The groups seek to increase the Jewish presence at the site also holy to Muslims and change the status quo there.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair