is JTA's Israel correspondent.
December 22, 2015 1:59pm
Left-wing organizations have come to the defense of the right-wing-backed detainees.
December 21, 2015 1:23pm
Last year, Reform leaders were criticizing Reuven Rivlin’s approach to non-Orthodox Judaism. Now, they’re praising him.
December 21, 2015 11:13am
As the secular holiday Novy God approaches, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the Jewish state.
December 17, 2015 5:07pm
Government officials say Breaking the Silence is slandering Israel. The group says it’s raising awareness of Israel’s West Bank occupation.
December 15, 2015 11:34am
Kerry doesn’t blame Israel outright for the negotiations’ failure, but conveys a two-state solution could happen if only Israel willed it.
December 14, 2015 5:52pm
Israel’s initiative involves an eightfold increase in renewable energy sources, like solar and wind power. But critics say it doesn’t go nearly far enough.
December 13, 2015 9:28am
The Rabbinate has declined to publicize a list of rabbis it trusts to determine whether immigrants are Jewish enough to marry.
December 10, 2015 9:31am
David Lau had criticized Israel’s modern Orthodox education minister for visiting a Conservative Jewish school in New York.
December 9, 2015 12:04pm
The groups seek to increase the Jewish presence at the site also holy to Muslims and change the status quo there.
December 9, 2015 10:53am
Three-quarters of immigrant suicide victims from 2000 to 2013 had immigrated from the former Soviet Union, while 16 percent came from Ethiopia.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Anti-Semitism a ‘recurrent problem’ in Dutch schools, gov’t report says
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- Thriving indie Jewish communities join forces to create rabbinic fellowship
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist