is JTA's Israel correspondent.
April 21, 2015 10:07am
Women of the Wall scored a win this week, but the group’s most important victory came two years ago.
April 2, 2015 11:07am
Layers from nearly every era of the city’s history lay on top of each other in the Old City room.
April 1, 2015 4:36pm
Mistrust of the president has grown more apparent as the United States and Iran approach a deal over the latter’s disputed nuclear program.
March 31, 2015 10:17am
This ain’t your mother’s Passover brisket.
March 30, 2015 2:26pm
After fleeing embattled eastern Ukraine, internally displaced Jews find it hard to find work or places to live in Kiev, where many locals view them as hostile elements.
March 30, 2015 12:31pm
The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews has brought 500 Ukrainian Jews to Israel since December, and is supplementing Israel’s absorption services in an effort to help them stay there.
March 29, 2015 10:02am
The Sephardic Orthodox Shas party, one of Benjamin Netanyahu’s new coalition partners, may have different ideas than the prime minister about how to spend taxpayer money.
March 19, 2015 10:45am
Gains on the left, victories for Arab-Israelis and women — and the fringe party that won big in Eilat.
March 18, 2015 12:07pm
Here are some options for Netanyahu’s next coalition.
March 18, 2015 11:51am
The Israeli prime minister now has what he said he wanted when he called for new elections: a relatively easy path to forming a coalition with his “natural partners.”
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew
- The Reform movement’s new holiday prayer book is radically inclusive