May 6, 2003 9:00am
After Canada took steps to deport Holocaust denier Ernst Zundel back to his native Germany, Zundel again blamed the Jewish community for his troubles. Zundel, expelled from the United States in February, has on several occasions dragged a large wooden cro
March 6, 2003 10:00am
Several Jewish students at Toronto’s York University were intimidated and roughed up Wednesday by anti-war protesters.
February 20, 2003 10:00am
More than two years after Holocaust denier Ernst Zundel left Canada vowing never to return, he has once again landed on Canada’s doorstep after being deported by the United States.
December 2, 2002 10:00am
B’nai Brith Canada has filed a lawsuit to force the Canadian government to add Hezbollah to list of banned groups. B’nai Brith has launched a national awareness campaign to build support for its efforts.
November 24, 2002 10:00am
Canadian Jewish officials are increasingly frustrated that the Canadian government refuses to ban all of Hezbollah’s activities in Canada. The frustration comes amid allegations that a Hezbollah operative from Canada helped plan the Nov. 15 terror a
November 14, 2002 10:00am
Nearly two months after a federal court decision left its fate in jeopardy, the Montreal-based Canadian Magen David Adom has reached an agreement with the government that will allow the group to retain its charitable status.
October 24, 2002 9:00am
The Canadian Magen David Adom is in a legal struggle with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency over the group’s charitable status. Some observers see bias in the agency’s rejection of Magen David Adom and some other Jewish charities while rec
July 21, 2002 9:00am
The popularity of the Jewish Records Indexing Project for Poland, which has an index of 1.8 million vital Jewish records from the 19th century, shows the growth of Jewish genealogy.
March 31, 2002 10:00am
A recent fire at a synagogue here created damage estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the damage to the shul´s library of about 2,000 holy books cannot be so easily tabulated.
February 25, 2002 10:00am
A synagogue´s weekly effort to feed and provide overnight shelter to the needy is now praised as one of the top programs in Toronto.
- 8 liberal Jewish groups to skip Conference of Presidents party at Trump’s DC hotel
- Woman arrested for alleged death threats to parent of Jewish Sandy Hook massacre victim
- Israel’s Chief Rabbinate promises standards for conversion rabbis and to count Ivanka Trump as Jewish
- Size matters: How a ‘largest menorah’ tiff landed two rabbis in Jewish court
- Jewish, progressive groups bring Congress 1M signatures opposing Trump’s Bannon appointment
- Shmuley Boteach tweets photo with Bannon, gets into one-sided feud with ‘Ellen’ producer
- White supremacist, neo-Nazi posters hung at Emerson College
- Trump set to name top Jewish Goldman Sachs official to economic post
- This Jewish woman’s research may save millions of lives
- Amy Schumer says she’s a ‘great choice’ to portray Barbie, slams critics
- Why I light my menorah in the window — and you should, too