July 21, 2006 9:00am
Peppered with colorful and telling anecdotes, a new book covers the history of Jews and forced converts in Brazil.
August 11, 2005 9:00am
In Brazil, a collaboration between a rabbi and a restaurateur produced a kosher version of feijoada, Brazil’s very treif national dish.
May 16, 2005 9:00am
As the Jewish community in Recife, Brazil, shrinks and emigration and upward mobility take their toll, the community is fighting to keep open its school, the cornerstone of the community.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer