July 21, 2006 9:00am
Peppered with colorful and telling anecdotes, a new book covers the history of Jews and forced converts in Brazil.
August 11, 2005 9:00am
In Brazil, a collaboration between a rabbi and a restaurateur produced a kosher version of feijoada, Brazil’s very treif national dish.
May 16, 2005 9:00am
As the Jewish community in Recife, Brazil, shrinks and emigration and upward mobility take their toll, the community is fighting to keep open its school, the cornerstone of the community.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Lone soldiers from North America attend Thanksgiving dinner in Tel Aviv
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter