July 21, 2006 9:00am
Peppered with colorful and telling anecdotes, a new book covers the history of Jews and forced converts in Brazil.
August 11, 2005 9:00am
In Brazil, a collaboration between a rabbi and a restaurateur produced a kosher version of feijoada, Brazil’s very treif national dish.
May 16, 2005 9:00am
As the Jewish community in Recife, Brazil, shrinks and emigration and upward mobility take their toll, the community is fighting to keep open its school, the cornerstone of the community.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair