July 21, 2006 9:00am
Peppered with colorful and telling anecdotes, a new book covers the history of Jews and forced converts in Brazil.
August 11, 2005 9:00am
In Brazil, a collaboration between a rabbi and a restaurateur produced a kosher version of feijoada, Brazil’s very treif national dish.
May 16, 2005 9:00am
As the Jewish community in Recife, Brazil, shrinks and emigration and upward mobility take their toll, the community is fighting to keep open its school, the cornerstone of the community.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Why Bernie Sanders isn’t beating Joe Lieberman on Jewish pride
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan