April 15, 2004 9:00am
A Canadian Jew and Africa expert, who founded an organization to commemorate the Rwandan genocide, says the international community failed to enforce its pledge of ´never again.´
September 30, 2003 9:00am
The diverse group of Jews who gathered in Nairobi, Kenya, to celebrate the Jewish new year last weekend did so without incident, thanks to checkpoints and guards who monitored a community accustomed to threats of terror and crime.
August 20, 2003 9:00am
African strongman Idi Amin, who recently died in Saudi Arabia, was embraced and then reviled by Israel during his military career and his murderous eight-year reign at Uganda’s helm. Amin was also hated by Ugandan Jews, some of whom were beaten and impris
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal