January 6, 2011 1:38am
The case of Aharon Friedman, a congressional aide and an Orthodox Jew who refuses to give his wife a Jewish writ of divorce, reminds us that neither Congress members nor their staffs should be meddling or exerting pressure on individuals, writes the head of CLAL-The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership.
September 13, 2010 10:09pm
Isaiah said all transgressions against God will be forgiven. Rabbi Brad Hirschfield of CLAL asks as Yom Kippur nears, are we brave enough to say the same thing regarding those who have transgressed against us?
December 21, 2009 3:24am
It’s especially painful and sadly ironic that in the name of Jewish values, a group is doing to others precisely what was done to Jews for millennia with its bid to ban the public display of Christmas in Jerusalem, writes the president of CLAL.
June 7, 2009 10:51pm
Americans must share a commitment to keeping abortion from being the cutting edge of a crusade that trades our shared democracy for some people’s theocracy, the president of CLAL-The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews