April 8, 2004 9:00am
Police in Montreal have tightened security at local synagogues and mosques following an arson fire this week that destroyed most of a Jewish school’s library.
April 15, 2003 9:00am
Quebec Jews are breathing a collective sigh of relief with the defeat of the Parti Quebecois following nine years of the separatist party’s rule. The community has had a problematic relationship with the Parti Quebecois, which is seen as less sympat
January 5, 2003 10:00am
In the years immediately following the creation of the State of Israel, some 800,000 Jews fled their Arab homelands, fleeing long-term dictators and short-term pogroms. At a recent conference in Montreal, witnesses discussed their experiences as Jews in t
December 23, 2002 10:00am
Canadian Jewish students are so traumatized by campus anti-Semitism that they are frightened to speak out on behalf of Israel or even Judaism, according to a newspaper advertisement appearing in Canada’s most prominent newspaper.
December 17, 2002 10:00am
The students from Australia’s Moriah College, now touring North America, may represent the most unique musical program of any Jewish school in the world.
November 18, 2002 10:00am
Blocked by a court order from launching their anti-Israel diatribe from a Concordia University rostrum, a trio of speakers took their act to the streets of downtown Montreal.
September 4, 2002 9:00am
Largely due to the determined efforts of Canadian Jewish groups, Israel has changed its plans and will no longer close the Montreal consulate next month as a budgetary measure.
June 17, 2002 9:00am
A branch of the Canadian Jewish Congress is criticizing the speaker of the Quebec legislature for making anti-Israel comments at a pro-Palestinian rally.
May 20, 2002 9:00am
A synagogue in Quebec City became the third Jewish house of worship in Canada attacked this year when a bomb exploded Sunday morning, causing no injuries.
April 25, 2002 9:00am
When the movie "Schmelvis: Searching for the King´s Jewish Roots" was the premiere event at the Toronto Jewish Film Festival last weekend, no one knew quite what to expect.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Counting kippahs and in-laws: Joe Biden says he’s ‘more Jewish’ than Clinton
- Bill Clinton: Jewish Americans, more than any group, can’t sit out election
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- NY village, town to pay $2.9M for alleged discrimination against Hasidim
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100%’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’
- Bernie Sanders talks with a young progressive. Is the Jewish establishment listening?
- One Jew, One Vote: Rivka Joseph, 28