May 2, 2011 9:18pm
Because Rabbi Richard Jacobs, the president-designate of the Union for Reform Judaism, is affiliated with J Street, his appointment may drive Zionist Jews out of the movement and create a schism with mainstream Jewry, critic Carol Greenwald writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament