September 7, 2004 9:00am
This year, as Jews in Mexico celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the rest of the country will be celebrating too. Sept. 16 is Mexico’s Independence Day, so as Mexican Jews file into shuls, their countrymen will fill the streets.
June 30, 2004 9:00am
Jews are joining with other Mexicans in demanding that authorities put a stop to a recent rash of kidnappings and other violent crimes.
May 13, 2004 9:00am
A tour of Mexico City reveals glimpses of the city´s Jewish past.
April 4, 2004 10:00am
Most of the Jewish families in Veracruz, Mexico believe they are descendants of Spanish Jews forced to profess Catholicism during the Inquisition. But they are struggling to gain recognition in the Mexican Jewish community even as they seek a new rabbi an
March 17, 2004 10:00am
The new leader of Mexico’s Jewish community says security and economic stability are at the top of his agenda.
February 9, 2004 10:00am
Concerns about assimilation and the importance of young people’s involvement were highlighted at the biennial conference of the Sephardi Federation of Latin America.
November 5, 2003 10:00am
Latin American Jewish leaders and scholars who gathered here this past week overwhelmingly support pluralism in their Jewish communities but they recognize that it’s a growing problem throughout the region.
- Allies could have saved 4 million Jews, Netanyahu says at Holocaust remembrance ceremony
- French Jews worried over Marine Le Pen’s success in presidential vote’s 1st round
- On Jews and the Holocaust, Trump signals that he finally gets it
- Ivanka Trump visits Berlin Holocaust memorial
- Trump vows to combat Holocaust denial, anti-Semitism