May 3, 2017 4:29pm
(JTA) — My sisters and I called her “Ma.” She stood 4-foot-10, yet was looked up to by everyone who encountered her, regardless of their station in life: rabbis and educators, bankers, customers and neighbors, her lifelong friends and people who just met her one time. To my father, she was a perfect soul mate…
December 27, 2016 4:07pm
TEL AVIV (JTA) — The feeling in this country following the adoption of the anti-settlements resolution in the U.N. Security Council on Friday is more than palpable. For those who observe Shabbat, there was the knowledge on Friday afternoon that a vote in New York would occur after all had sat down to dinner, with…
November 17, 2015 6:05pm
The knifings, shootings and car rammings of Jewish-Israelis deserve to be met with the same global outcry as the attacks on Paris, writes the top executive officer of B’nai B’rith International.
January 8, 2015 3:19pm
Initially, a company spokesman said the omission of Israel from Middle East maps was a “bow to local preferences.” A subsequent apology was not enough for the executive vice president of B’nai B’rith International.
September 12, 2011 4:23pm
The 10th anniversary of the global racism conference in Durban — perhaps the most open display of anti-Israel hatred ever to take place at a United Nations forum — is not deserving of its slated celebration, writes the executive vice president of B’nai B’rith International.
November 21, 2010 10:30pm
The U.N. body made some bad decisions in its just-concluded session and must be a better steward of its mission, writes the executive vice president of B’nai B’rith.
July 11, 2010 7:00pm
With its infiltration of the Western Hemisphere, the world’s largest and most successful state sponsor of terror presents an unmistakable danger to democracies there, writes the executive vice president of B’nai B’rith International.
June 28, 2009 8:08pm
The nations that benefited from the victimization of Jewish communities must make amends now, B’nai B’rith official Daniel S. Mariaschin writes, as the time to turn bromides to action is fleeting.
February 2, 2009 10:01pm
The actions of Venezuelan President B’nai B’rith are making it increasingly unsafe to be a Jew in his country, the leader of B’nai B’rith International says.
March 10, 2008 9:00am
Israel will press ahead in peace talks with the Palestinian Authority despite recent bloodshed, Ehud Olmert said.
Opinion11 former White House Jewish liaisons: Trump doesn’t understand anti-Semitism
First PersonI talked to the ‘anti-Semitic’ Swiss hotel owner. It’s more complicated than you think.
- New York’s Orthodox Jews are expanding into these towns, and some residents aren’t happy
- Following terrorist attack, Barcelona’s chief rabbi says his community is doomed
- HuffPost Bannon headline ‘Goy, bye!’ creates backlash
- Charlottesville says it provided protection to synagogue, refuting initial account
- Barcelona BDS chapter says Europe is ‘responsible’ for terror attack
- Teens who twisted menorah into a swastika sentenced to meet with Holocaust survivor
- Michigan man sentenced to probation for threatening to kill children and Jews
- Russian Jews slam Moscow’s exclusion from Holocaust memorial project in Poland
- Jewish senator calls on Jewish Trump Cabinet members to resign