September 28, 2013 11:28pm
J Street, the dovish Israel policy group, kicked off its fourth national conference.
September 24, 2013 4:54pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu threw down the gauntlet on Iran in a video message for the opening of the U.N. General Assembly.
September 24, 2013 4:43pm
It looks like President Obama and newly elected Iranian President Hassan Rouhani won’t be shaking hands after all.
September 23, 2013 3:07pm
As pundits debate the Oslo Accord on its 20th anniversary, JTA’s 1993 news coverage reminds us that there was discord over the agreement from the beginning.
December 17, 2012 10:40pm
During election season, there wasn’t much accord between the Republican Jewish Coalition and the National Jewish Democratic Council. But here’s one area on which the two partisan groups have historically concurred: They haven’t been too keen on Chuck Hagel. With Hagel now being discussed as the leading contender for defense secretary, the RJC is saying…
December 17, 2012 3:57pm
Jacob Lew, the White House chief of staff, discussed allegations of past sexual abuse at Yeshiva University’s affiliated high school at the university’s annual Chanukah convocation.
December 13, 2012 11:27pm
Susan Rice just removed herself from consideration to be the next secretary of state. That’s why the timing of a Politico Op-Ed from Robert Wexler vouching for her pro-Israel credentials was sort of odd. [[READMORE]] Wexler, a former Florida congressman, was arguably President Obama’s lead Jewish surrogate during the election. The former Florida congressman even…
December 13, 2012 4:40pm
Sen. Joseph Lieberman gave his farewell speech yesterday. He is retiring after 24 years in the Senate. Others who paid tribute to the retiring Connecticut senator yesterday included Sens. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), the Senate majority leader; Susan Collins (R-Me.); Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), and Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.). Hat tip: Gestetner Updates
December 10, 2012 11:22pm
This past September, in a speech to the U.N. General Assembly, President Obama stressed America’s commitment to work toward Israeli-Palestinian peace. "Understanding that such a peace must come through a just agreement between the parties, America will walk alongside all who are prepared to make that journey," he said. Well, according to journalist Peter Beinart,…
December 7, 2012 6:05pm
Former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert has been outspoken in assailing the Netanyahu government’s move to begin planning for construction in the so-called E-1 area. But Olmert’s own history with E-1 — the currently undeveloped area between Jerusalem and the West Bank settlement of Maaleh Adumim — is drawing similar scrutiny from a strange collection…
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- ‘Go to Auschwitz’ video fuels Trump Nazi worries
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- Netanyahu does ‘not have a plan for peace,’ Kirsten Gillibrand says
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Oldest synagogue in the Americas is only non-Christian site to join Brazilian religious tourism project