June 23, 2009 3:50pm
Britain’s Parliament for the first time elected a Jewish speaker of the House of Commons.
May 6, 2009 5:29pm
A list of 16 people barred from the United Kingdom because of their extreme views includes a right-wing Jew.
April 28, 2009 5:37pm
Britain’s prime minister visited Auschwitz and pledged that his government would assist school visits to the former Nazi death camp.
April 23, 2009 5:54pm
A technical problem prevented Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal from taking part in a question-and-answer session with British lawmakers.
April 22, 2009 4:35pm
The United Kingdom will review all arms exports to Israel, Britain’s foreign secretary announced.
April 21, 2009 10:09pm
A London theater canceled an event to celebrate Israel’s Independence Day following pressure from pro-Palestinian groups.
April 7, 2009 6:10pm
A Muslim cleric jailed in Britain is continuing to issue fatwas and anti-Semitic statements, a moderate Muslim organization says.
March 8, 2009 10:55pm
A leading British Muslim has joined a call to attack those who prevent smuggling arms to Hamas in Gaza.
March 6, 2009 3:34am
A prominent medical journal has devoted a special issue to “Health in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.”
February 25, 2009 9:37pm
Lawyers representing more than 30 Palestinian families are challenging Britain’s foreign secretary in a London court for failing to suspend arms exports to Israel.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary