February 11, 2009 8:58pm
Amnesty International issued a report detailing Hamas violence against Palestinians during Israel’s military operation in the Gaza Strip.
February 10, 2009 9:52pm
The Church of England divested from the American company Caterpillar.
February 9, 2009 8:55pm
A senior British diplomat was arrested following a complaint about anti-Semitic remarks he made while working out.
February 8, 2009 8:35pm
British lawmakers condemned the Al Jazeera network for broadcasting a Muslim cleric’s sermon in which he celebrates the Holocaust and prays for the killing of all Jews.
February 4, 2009 11:38pm
An emergency grant from a Christian-Jewish organization and the government of Israel offer hope for the future of World ORT’s schools in the former Soviet Union.
February 2, 2009 9:29pm
Israel paid more than $2 million to the family of a British cameraman shot and killed by an Israeli soldier in Gaza.
February 2, 2009 7:24pm
The International Criminal Court is exploring ways to prosecute Israeli commanders for alleged war crimes in Gaza, according to a British newspaper report.
January 28, 2009 1:23am
Britain marked international Holocaust Memorial Day under the banner “Stand Up to Hatred.”
January 28, 2009 1:13am
An emergency appeal for Gaza aired on British television stations, but not the London-based global broadcasters BBC and Sky.
January 26, 2009 7:38pm
Britain’s Sky News has joined the BBC in refusing to broadcast a charity appeal for the people of Gaza.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary