January 11, 2009 6:04am
British anti-terrorism officers warned prominent Jews to be extra vigilant after references to a "Jewish hit list" in an Islamist Internet site.
January 8, 2009 11:42pm
Muslim leaders in Britain warned Gordon Brown of the dangerous effect of American policy in the Middle East.
January 8, 2009 8:06pm
Demonstrators in European capitals came out to show their support for Israel’s operation in the Gaza Strip.
January 7, 2009 5:36pm
Britain has seen a sharp rise in attacks on Jews since the start of Israel’s military operation in Gaza.
January 7, 2009 1:07am
Gordon Brown called on the international community to help build the framework for an “immediate and sustainable cease-fire” in Gaza.
January 5, 2009 8:39pm
Pro-Palestinian demonstrators outside the Israeli Embassy in London have been gathering daily since the beginning of the Israeli operation in the Gaza Strip. (Giora Hirsch) LONDON (JTA) — When more than 1 million people marched in central London five years ago to protest against the Iraq wars, it was the biggest demonstration ever seen in…
January 4, 2009 3:53am
A march through central London by more than 10,000 people protesting Israel’s military action in Gaza ended in a standoff at the Israeli Embassy.
January 1, 2009 1:45am
A British telecom company severed all ties with an Israeli company over the operation in Gaza.
December 30, 2008 5:39pm
Protesters clashed with police during a demonstration near the Israeli Embassy in London.
December 29, 2008 9:30pm
The Israeli embassy in London was put on high alert after an envelope containing white powder was delivered.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Anti-Semitism a ‘recurrent problem’ in Dutch schools, gov’t report says
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- Thriving indie Jewish communities join forces to create rabbinic fellowship
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist