November 13, 2016 11:41am
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and…
July 13, 2016 5:36pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Ever since the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against Israel began picking up steam three years ago, its proponents have brazenly declared the movement’s inevitable triumph. In April, for example, a pro-divestment group at the University of Chicago issued a statement proclaiming that by the school’s student government passing a BDS resolution,…
January 4, 2016 12:16pm
Intersectionality — the idea that forms of oppression are inherently linked — is key to understanding why Israel is so maligned on American campuses, the new JCPA chief writes.
January 14, 2013 9:03pm
Politics, like business, has its own natural cycle, and Israel is no stranger to the political cycle, writes the head of the David Project.
February 9, 2012 6:19pm
Some in the pro-Israel community react to every anti-Israel infraction on campus, but the real work in supporting Israel isn’t reactive at all but targets the influencers with a positive, pro-Israel message, writes the head of The David Project.
January 5, 2011 11:50pm
The environment on some U.S. campuses, where Israel is facing hostilities, has the potential to erode future U.S. support for Israel, the head of the David Project writes.
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- GOP House candidate charged with body slamming Jewish reporter
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Sheldon Adelson questioned by police in Netanyahu corruption investigation
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Kushner reportedly encouraged to step aside as FBI investigates Russia contacts
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct