May 5, 2016 4:33pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Welcoming teens into Jewish life is both one of the most important and seemingly challenging endeavors of the Jewish community. The rapid decline in teen engagement in Jewish life post-b’nai mitzvah is well-documented and depressing. It’s also an entirely reversible trend, but only if the Jewish community approaches teen engagement in…
July 13, 2015 2:57pm
For new initiatives to succeed at beating back the movement to boycott Israel, they must target not only college students but Jewish teenagers, write David Bryfman and Steven M. Cohen.
July 31, 2006 9:00am
Summer youth programs to Israel managed to go on this year despite the conflict, but even that was a disappointment to those who knew what was supposed to be.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- Netanyahu does ‘not have a plan for peace,’ Gillibrand says
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv