is a JTA Paris correspondent. She has written and worked for the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press Paris bureaus, and is a regular contributor to The New Waver Quarterly, which covers French culture. Lauter is currently completing a master's thesis at Saint Denis University on the relationship between Jewish and Muslim youth in Parisian low-income suburbs, as well as a collection of true stories on a Jewish and Muslim mixed gang.
May 4, 2009 6:19pm
For French Jews, the decision to bar journalists from the trial of gang members accused of kidnapping and torturing a 23-year-old French Jew to death has struck a raw nerve.
May 3, 2009 4:11pm
A French weekly reported that Israel may be preparing its air force for possible attacks against Iran.
April 30, 2009 1:57am
A French court rejected pleas for a public trial of the gang members accused of kidnapping and murdering Ilan Halimi because he was Jewish.
April 28, 2009 7:32pm
The French gang accused of kidnapping and torturing Ilan Halimi to death because he was Jewish will go on trial in Paris.
April 26, 2009 9:49pm
The head of France’s largest Jewish umbrella group justified his country’s participation in the Durban II conference.
April 17, 2009 10:32pm
A scandal surrounding the French comedian Dieudonne symbolizes the bridge of anti-Semitism between the far left and far right in Europe.
April 12, 2009 9:59pm
Large black swastikas were painted on a French Holocaust memorial.
April 12, 2009 3:47pm
Paris courts will prosecute a controversial French comedian on charges of anti-Semitism.
April 2, 2009 3:56pm
The mother of Ilan Halimi says police would not admit the anti-Semitic nature of the crime in which her son was killed.
April 1, 2009 4:28pm
A Canadian-Lebanese man suspected of bombing a Paris synagogue in 1980 will be confined to house arrest, an Ottawa court ruled.
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- GOP House candidate charged with body slamming Jewish reporter
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Sheldon Adelson questioned by police in Netanyahu corruption investigation
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- Hecklers shout ‘Heil Hitler!’ during Jewish school’s Holocaust play
- Portland man who killed two while attacking Muslim women is known white supremacist
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’