March 11, 2015 12:16pm
Two Argentine government committees meeting jointly agreed unanimously to send the measure to the full Senate.
March 11, 2015 6:08am
“We have received all kinds of messages trying to convince us not to make this film,” said Stan Jakubowicz, a Venezuela-born producer living in Miami.
March 10, 2015 6:24am
Sofovich wrote and directed 11 movies, acted in two and wrote two screenplays. He also was the host of more than 20 television programs.
March 6, 2015 9:55am
Review follows independent report about the mysterious death of the former prosecutor who said the government was covering up Iranian involvement in a deadly attack on local Jews.
March 5, 2015 11:04am
The comments by President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner were a response to the citing of the attacks by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech Tuesday to the U.S. Congress.
March 4, 2015 12:04pm
The advertisement published Wednesday says the complaint prepared by the late AMIA prosecutor Alberto Nisman is “filled with contradictions, illogical, with no legal basis.”
March 4, 2015 9:30am
The statement was in response to an accusation made by Argentina’s President Christina Fernandez de Kircher, who rebuked Israel for not working to bring the perpetrators of the 1992 bombing of its embassy in Buenos Aires to justice.
March 2, 2015 4:06pm
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner said documents found in the safe of the late AMIA prosecutor contradicted his own allegations that she had covered up Iran’s role in the 1984 Jewish center attack.
March 1, 2015 1:08pm
The move by the South American country’s new president was seen as signaling closer Uruguay-Israel ties.
February 26, 2015 11:44am
The charge that the Argentine president and other government officials covered up Iran’s role in the 1994 bombing cannot be sustained by the evidence collected, the judge ruled.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary